Deborah Daniel has worked for the City of Lanett for the past 28 years and has served as the City Clerk since June 27, 2005.
The City Clerk’s office is responsible for:
- Council Meetings – Preparing agendas for city commission meetings and recording and transcribing the minutes of these meetings.
- Business Licenses – Purchase of license, including classification and restrictions: license must be purchased prior to engaging in business and is renewable each January.
- Cemetery Records – Sales of lots, upkeep and perpetual care programs; old cemetery records and historical data.
- Records – Including Resolutions and Ordinances
- Elections – The City Clerk is the city’s Chief Election Official and is responsible for the administration of municipal elections.
- Utilities – If you have a question regarding your utility bills or need other general information concerning utilities please contact the City Clerk.
Please contact the City Clerk’s office to…
- Obtain a copy of City Ordinances
- Request to speak at Council work session
- Request to speak at Council meeting
- Contact a City Council member or arrange for an appointment
Phone: (334) 644-5208